...Return to previous page
M&R/Stores Bargaining Update, April 22
Published 22 Apr, 2016
Sisters and Brothers:
The Mechanic & Related/Stores Negotiating Committee met with American Airlines the week of April 18 in DFW. During this week’s sessions, your Negotiating Committee exchanged and discussed the following articles:
Download this communication
- Sick Leave: After several exchanges with the company, the parties have reached a tentative agreement.
- Meal Period: We have exchanged this proposal with the company and plan for it to coincide with the Hours of Service article.
- Hours of Service: We have exchanged multiple proposals on this article and the parties have narrowed the gap in our positions.
- Shift Swaps: We exchanged additional proposals with the company, which is currently found in the IAM contract under “General and Miscellaneous Article.” The parties have made progress toward a tentative agreement.
- MCT Hours of Service: We exchanged additional proposals with the company.
- MTS Hours of Service: After receiving the company’s first proposal on this article last week, the MTS subcommittee was brought in to assist in crafting specific language for this group and have responded to the company’s proposal.
- Grievance Procedure: After many exchanges on this article, which is the basis for enforcing the contract, we are down to one item and will continue to work to achieve a tentative agreement.
At the request of the membership, here is the list of articles we have reach tentative agreements on to date:
||Safety & Health
||Leaves of Absence
|Absence from Duty
||No strike / No Lockout
||Fitness for Duty
|Recognition of Rights
|System Board of
The parties have agreed to the negotiations schedule below for the next three months:
|Week of April 25, DCA
||Week of May 23, DFW
||Week of June 27, DFW
|Week of May 9, DCA
||Week of June 13, DFW
|Week of May 16, DFW
||Week of June 20, DFW